A problematic circumstance when there appears to be a mental conflict between two moral obligations, where honoring one would imply breaking the other, is an ethics gs4 for upsc dilemma.
Consequently, the definition of an ethical dilemma is a circumstance in which a choice must be made between opposing beliefs in a challenging or difficult position. The condition that could place public sector officials in a moral bind is probably a conflict of interest.
ETHICAL DILEMMAS FACED BY CIVIL SERVANTS
- Administrative judgment
- Administrative discretion
- Information disclosure
- Public accountability
- Policy conundrums
Let us take an example in order to prove this fact say for instance, the public has long believed that giving gifts to government officials. Will speed up and expedite their work. On the other hand, if a government official refuses to accept gifts and prefers to follow all rules and regulations. This will lead to problems for them as well as conflicts of interest. Based on the aforementioned circumstance, corruption is the most frequent ethical conundrum associated with it.
HOW IT CAN BE OVERCOMED?
- Building trust between the public and government officials can be done by implementing transparency and accountability into one’s work. According to the public’s desire, the government must be transparent about all of its plans and activities, as doing so might be a key first step in resolving the conflict of interest.
- In order to prevent any kind of recurrence, the government should be more responsive and the public should be made aware of the activities and procedures started by the public officials.
- Applying knowledge and skills in the administrative field should follow particular professional ethics norms, such as preventing corruption in service delivery.
Therefore, these moral conundrums reflect. The difficult and intricate nature of the public employees’ jobs and also speak. To their struggles and how they may add up. This is the reason it is one of the primary subjects. On the UPSC mains syllabus, and it is required of all interested or aspiring civil servants to receive training. In it in order to better understand its true purpose. With this in mind, EDEN IAS, one of the best IAS coaching institute in Delhi, has developed a power package based on an ethical module. The curriculum and subjects covered by this package are as follows:
- Under the direction of Mr. Tirthankar Roychowdhary, EDEN IAS offers an Ethics course for UPSC. His knowledge of the material, his method of instruction, the course materials, and the class notes he provides are all highly regarded by his students. He covers every nuance of the UPSC Mains’ ethics curriculum.
- According to the requirements of the ethics syllabus, the study resources for this course are divided into 4 sections, namely,
- A book on theoretical material
- On the Thinkers and Thoughts section, a special booklet
- a workbook with ethics case-studies
a dictionary of terms used in ethics.
- Regular assignments are given to students at the end of each class to aid in their understanding of the material. Following the completion of the assignments, the copies will be reviewed within 72 hours, and on the basis of this, mentorship sessions will be held to assist the students in analysing their performance and learning from their mistakes.
- Through theory classes, case studies sessions, daily answer writing, class notes, study materials, and sectional mock tests with appropriate guidance and mentoring. The course takes a holistic approach to covering the entire ethics syllabus for UPSC.
- The entire course has a tying-together methodology for classes and test series that begins at the most fundamental level while taking each aspirant’s comfort into consideration. The candidate will take two sections tests following the discussion of the academic material (Ethics syllabus), and the session will then resume with the practical element. (case studies).
In view of its importance for a civil servant’s future. One should not take this subject lightly and should give it greater attention during their training time. This is because it is a crucial area on which an employee’s complicated career rests, therefore. It is important to have a firm grasp of it.
Also Read:- How to structure an essay for UPSC?