In contrast to other UPSC GS papers, which are quite difficult and time-consuming in the preparation stage themselves, the essay section of the curriculum is the most approachable and easy to reach. For this reason, it is still sorted to score quite well marks in the Essay for UPSC.
Since many candidates have noticed, when they do well in the essay section, their chances of doing well in the overall total score of the main section also increase, which can increase their chances of improving their ranking and obtaining a good position.
Therefore, if the essay section has aided and placed a candidate in a favourable position. Why take a chance at least in the essay writing portion? It is understandable to make mistakes. In other GS papers, they cannot be overlooked in the essay writing portion.
In light of the foregoing, I’m going to reveal some mistakes that can be avoided. While writing an essay for UPSC, some of which are as follows:
- Avoid making excessive claims in your essay because doing so will make a negative impression on the examiner. Instead, always take a balanced stance. While writing on any subject. Avoid including extreme viewpoints in the main content, especially those that contradict the wishes of the government, as doing so can negatively impact your chances of getting high scores.
- if you are writing about, for example, the condition of child labour in India. Don’t just end your essay on a negative note. Incorporate some good solutions, such as what the government is doing in this context, and what programmes and schemes. It has launched to address this issue, and how you can contribute. In my way by suggesting something in this context.
- In Toe the examiner, the impression that you are knowledgeable. The issue and have a complete comprehension of its requirements, attempt to highlight the key points. The text, such as those that might be incorporated as the topic’s main highlights.
- If an essay is not correctly organised or structured, it might hurt a student’s chances of getting excellent marks because the essay’s structure heavily influences grades. For instance, using an example. In the introduction or somewhere in between will create the wrong idea.
- Since the examiner is looking over many candidates’ answer sheets, there should reflect originality in your content and no repetition of statements. If you want to make your response stand out. In comparison to those of other students, try to incorporate some new ideas that could help you earn more marks.
To succeed with high marks in essay writing for UPSC, one should practise some of the aforementioned key elements.
In addition to this, there is another method. One can incorporate all of the previously mentioned points into their essay writing preparation. This method was introduced by EDEN IAS, one of the largest platforms and best coaching institutes for IAS in Delhi offering interactive sessions and workshops on essay writing for UPSC.
The combination of guiding class, section-by-section practise sessions, discussion sessions, mock test series, and personalised mentorship sessions inside this course makes it the finest among the others. Additionally, the course comprehensively addresses every type of essay requested by the UPSC in the Essay paper, whether it be dynamic, like the theme of “Role of Education,” or of a philosophical nature, based on a quote. A trend that the Commission has recently adopted in the Essay paper.
Additionally, their curriculum includes some tests on essays that can be used to assess how well an applicant has prepared for the GS paper and how much analytical and critical thinking they have incorporated into their study plans. Which has improved their level of understanding of the subject. Based on the results of the tests, mentors can then direct students to the areas where they need to improve.
Therefore, such comprehensive coverage of the UPSC’s essay portion will make one’s preparation for this section very clear and smooth and prepare them to handle any type of question that comes their way in the exam, regardless. What subject area it is from. Therefore, try to keep your planning on track and well-organized so that it can get off to a smooth start.
Also Read:- What is the significance of ethics in Civil Services?